We’re back! After a brief pause during a busy autumn season, Lockerbie Writers are back with October’s writing challenge. This one is a special one for my brother-in-law and his fiancée who are getting married this month – but that doesn’t mean that you have to go down the happy route when you write your response to this photograph! Remember, the prompt is only a starting point. Take a minute to brainstorm and see where the image takes you.
Get your pens (or keyboards) ready …
Writing Challenge – October 2018
In 100 words or less, write a story or poem inspired by this photograph.
*NOTE* We’re going back to the old system – this month you can now email, private message or comment with your responses, and we will collate our favourites into a blog post at the end of the month. Full details below the photo. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Entry Details, Terms and Conditions
- To enter, simply add your entry as a comment on this post, send it in a private message to our Facebook Page (Lockerbie Writers – www.facebook.com/groups/lockerbiewriters), or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries will be accepted until midnight, Wednesday 31st October 2018.
- There is no prize or winner – it’s just for fun! All entries will be read by at least one member of Lockerbie Writers group, and their favourites will be published on this blog and/or on Facebook. Entries will be judged on criteria including originality, plot, and enjoyment.
- The challenge is open to everyone, including members of Lockerbie Writers.
- Entries should be fictional, maximum 100 words, based on the prompt. You can enter as many times as you like. All entries must be the entrant’s original work, must not infringe on the rights of any other parties, and should not contain anything which might be considered offensive. Lockerbie Writers reserves the right to remove any entries/comments which they decide do not meet any of these conditions.
- By entering, you agree to allow Lockerbie Writers to publish your entry on this blog and on their Facebook page. You will retain the copyright to your work.
- If you have any questions, please get in touch!